"I became a naturopathic doctor because I love to help people feel better. I believe that the key to longterm health is learning about our own bodies so that we can make educated choices for ourselves." - Shelby
Shelby is a licensed and registered doctor of naturopathic medicine who has been practising in Collingwood since 2004.
As a naturopathic doctor, Shelby's medical training includes a focus on preventive medicine as well as using safe and effective techniques to restore health to your body. Shelby's philosophy is to treat the whole person… physically, mentally and emotionally, using a variety of treatment modalities including clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, psychological & lifestyle counseling, and acupuncture.
The body is an incredible healer when given the correct environment (dietary, lifestyle, spiritual habits) to do so.
Lao Tzu said,
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
The healing path that you embark upon at your first visit with Shelby will be the first step in a very therapeutic journey.
Our goal is not a temporary quick-fix… it is vibrant, sustainable health.
Are you ready to take the first step?
Call 705.444.8300 today to schedule your 15-minute complimentary visit to meet Shelby and learn how naturopathic medicine can work for you.
Learn more about Naturopathic Medicine in this article.
In addition to her involvement in the greater community on both professional and personal levels, she writes articles in the publication Escarpment Magazine, and past issues of Body Magazine, Collingwood Life & Pictorial, and KiDZ.
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Board of Directors of Drugless Therapies – Naturopathy
- Collingwood Chamber of Commerce – member
- Georgian Triangle Business Exchange - member
- Habitat for Humanity – board member (PR)
- "Be The Change" documentary film series – committee member
- Elephant Thoughts – member
- Collingwood Community Food Co-op - Membership & Communications